Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Marathon

On May 31st I finished my first half marathon!  I did it with Danielle and I don't think I could have done it without her.  She was fabulous; she encouraged me the whole way.  I walked the 21.1km, which is only half if you can believe it.  I started training in February and I would walk 5 days a week.  I loved the training, having such a big goal really motivated me to exercise. 


The walk was hard but I enjoyed it, near the end I was getting really sore and just wanting it to be over.  My time was 3hrs and 28 mins.  Which is pretty decent.  I am proud of that time.  I am not sure if I would do another marathon because it was just so long.  

Mike and I have started a Learn to Run class and I am going to do some 5k runs and my long-term goal is to do a 10k run at the end of October.  

I am sorry to say that there are no pictures, due to many circumstances that prevented Mike from being at the finish line.

0 Comments: